NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Pursuant to 24 CFR Part 903.17, the Hawaii Public Housing Authority (HPHA), Department of Human Services, hereby provides notice that it will hold public hearings on the Public Housing Agency (PHA) 2017-2018 Annual and amended 2014-2019 PHA Five-Year Plan.
Background: HPHA is currently developing its 2017-2018 PHA Annual Plan, as required by the Quality Housing and Work Responsibility Act (QHWRA) of 1998, and amending its 2014-2019 PHA Five-Year Plan. The QHWRA was enacted to revitalize and improve federal public housing and tenant-based assistance programs and makes significant changes to federal and Section 8 tenant-based programs. The HPHA amended 2014-2019 Five-Year and Annual Plan state the HPHA’s mission, goals, and objectives for serving the needs of low-income and very low-income families during the next year. The 2017-2018 Annual Plan updates the 2014-2019 PHA Five-Year Plan, and details tenant-based assistance programs. Through this plan, the HPHA advises its residents, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and members of the public on its strategy in addressing the needs of residents in federal public housing and recipients of Section 8 tenant-based assistance.
Public Review: The draft 2017-2018 PHA Annual Plan and amended 2014-2019 PHA Five-Year PHA Plan are available for public viewing on the HPHA website at: http://www.hpha.hawaii.gov/housingplans/index.htm and are also available at the HPHA central and site management offices at the following locations from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.:
1. HPHA’s Administrative Offices, 1002 N. School Street, Honolulu
2. Oʻahu: AMP 30 - Puuwai Momi, 99-132 Kohomua Street, Aiea
3. Oʻahu: AMP 31 - Kalihi Valley Homes, 2250 Kalena Drive, Honolulu
4. Oʻahu: AMP 32 & 33 - Mayor Wright Homes, 521 N. Kukui Street, Honolulu
5. Oʻahu: AMP 34 - Kalakaua Homes, 1545 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu
6. Oʻahu: AMP 35 – Kalanihuia, 1220 Aala St, Honolulu
7. Oʻahu: AMP 40 - Kuhio Homes: 1007 Ahonui Street, Honolulu
8. Oʻahu: MU 42 - Hale Poai, 1001 N. School Street, Honolulu
9. Oʻahu: AMP 44 - Waimaha Sunflower: 85-186 McArthur Street, Waianae
10. Oʻahu: AMP 45 - Koolau Village: 45-1027 Kamau Place, Kaneohe
11. Oʻahu: AMP 50 - Palolo Valley Homes: 2107 Ahe Street, Honolulu
12. Hawaiʻi: AMP 37 - 600 Wailoa Street, Hilo
13. Hawaiʻi: AMP 43 - 78-6725 Makolea Street, Kailua-Kona
14. Hawaiʻi: AMP 46 - 65-1191 Opelo Road, Kamuela
15. Kauai: AMP 38 - 4726 Malu Road, Kapaa
16. Maui: AMP 39 - 2015 Holowai Place, Wailuku
17. Molokaiʻi: (AMP 39) - Kahale Mua, Maunaloa
Public Hearings: Public hearings will be held at the following locations on
Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.:
Hawaii Public Housing Authority (HPHA) Kealakehe Housing Project
1002 N. School Street, Bldg. “A” Resident Association Meeting Room
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817 74-991 Manawalea St. #A101
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740
Lanakila Homes Conference Room Kapaa Community Hall
600 Wailoa Street 4726 Malu Road
Hilo, Hawaii 96720 Kapaa, Hawaii 96746
Kahekili Terrace Office/Community Hall
2015 Holowai Place
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
All interested persons are invited to provide comments relating to the 2017-2018 Annual Plan and amended 2014-2019 Five-Year Plan, either orally or in writing.
Oral comments should be presented at the public hearing. All oral and written testimony presented at the public hearing will be considered in preparing the PHA Plans. Persons who cannot attend the hearing and prefer not to provide written comments may phone (808) 721-3512 and leave their comments as a voicemail message.
Written comments may be presented to the presiding officer at the public hearing, or mailed to the Hawaii Public Housing Authority, Attention: PHA Plan, at 1002 North School Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817. Written comments may also be faxed to (808) 832-4679, or sent by electronic mail to HPHA@Hawaii.gov. Written comments not presented at the public hearing should be received at HPHA office in Honolulu by 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 4, 2017.
Any person requiring assistance to participate, such as large print, taped materials, interpreters for sign language or limited English proficiency, etc., should make a request to HPHA at least ten working days prior to the public hearings in order to allow time to make arrangements. Requests can be made by writing to HPHA at the address above or by calling (808) 832-4693.
Hawaii Public Housing Authority
Department of Human Services
HPHA does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, ancestry, age, marital status, or HIV infection.
February 18, 2017